Adam Ellis Trance Production Tutorials #6 & #7 Bundle
This is the seventh episode in a 12 part series of tutorial videos dedicated to Trance Music Production. This series will cover every aspect of music production (apart from Mastering) and will continually develop your skills when applied correctly. Episode 1 (Starting Template) is available here, Episode 2 (Structure) here, Episode 3 (Groove) here, Episode 4 (Atmosphere) here, Episode 5 (FX) here and Episode 6 (Bass) here.
Premium Quality Products
Made by professional artists and sound designers, with usability in mind.
100% Secure Checkout
We do not collect any credit card information. Payments are done with PayPal or Stripe.
You can download your purchased files immediately after the payment.
You can order from Myloops with complete peace of mind. We promise to provide any support needed within 24 hours.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
This is a bundle containing Episodes 6 and 7 in the Adam Ellis Trance Production Tutorials.
The Adam Ellis Trance Production Tutorials is a 12 part series of tutorial videos dedicated to Trance Music Production. This series will cover every aspect of music production (apart from Mastering) and will continually develop your skills when applied correctly. Episode 1 (Starting Template) is available here, Episode 2 (Structure) here, Episode 3 (Groove) here, Episode 4 (Atmosphere) here, Episode 5 (FX) her, Episode 6 (Bass) here, and Episode 7 (Ten Step Starting Guide) here.
Episode 6 starts off where the previous episode ended. We now want to learn how to make an amazing bassline for your production. Basslines are one of the hardest things to get right in trance music production. It’s always been one of the parts of making trance that beginners and even professionals usually struggle with. Basslines (along with the kick) being the foundation of your trance tracks, achieving a good bassline is how you make your tracks sound good and full.
In Epsiode 7 Adam gives you 10 steps to help you finish your tracks in an effective timely manner, and shows you how to do each of these steps. The trick Adam teaches here is how to focus on one element at a time, finish it for the whole track and move on to the next element. Each step is designed so that the next step will be easier. This episode is also a recap of previous episodes updated with Adam’s 2017 best practices & methods.
Who are these tutorials for ?
This tutorial is for artists who want to work faster and improve their sound at the same time. It’s aimed at Logic Pro X users, but the tricks you will learn can also be applied in other DAWs.
What You Will Learn in episode 6
In this 87 minute long video, Adam will show you :
- Learn how to build a full pro sounding bassline for uplifting trance / driving trance
- Find out how doing the sub bass first allows for better fit / match with the kick
- Learn how to make the basslines fit / gel with the kick
- Trimming your bass notes to leave more place in the mix
- EQing each part of your bassline separately (low pass, hi pass, surgical EQ settings)
- How to avoid your kick and sub bass colliding
- Using Waves RBass to fatten up the sub bass
- Getting the right sub bass presence for the club
- Sub Bass Sylenth1 preset included
- Making your bass as loud as possible without losing the power of the kick
- Using specific patterns for various parts of the bass
- Using side-chaining to clean up the mix & give a pumping effect to the bass section
- Using note velocity to give a rhythm to your patterns
- Giving each bass layer its own space in the mix
- Automating bassline parts (filters, etc.) to transition between track sections
- and much more !
What You Will Learn in episode 7
In this 120 minute long video, Adam will show you :
- Learn a very methodical & effective way of working on your productions
- How to work on your track in layers / steps
- Get stuff done faster then ever
- Setting a good structure for your track
- How to start your track with existing chords
- Creating the sub bass based on the chords
- Processing the sub bass to get it to rumble
- Why you should start with the bass instead of the kick
- Finding a kick that works with the sub & process it
- Creating a great groove (percussion & drums)
- Creating an effective FX section for the whole track
- Adding mid bass parts that work with the kick & bass
- Adding finishing content to your production to make it sound complete
- Doing a good sounding mixdown in an effective manner
- Includes lots of processing techniques & tips for all elements of your track
- and much more !
You can watch this video and prepare your own tracks based on Adam’s suggestions in Logic Pro X.
- The video tutorial of episode 6 (87 minutes long , 1080p quality, in english)
- The video tutorial of episode 7 (120 minutes long , 1080p quality, in english)
- The Logic Pro X session created by Adam Ellis in his episode 6 tutorial.
- The Logic Pro X session created by Adam Ellis in his episode 7 tutorial.
I’m using another DAW, not Logic Pro X. Can I still benefit from buying these tutorials ?
Yes, you can still learn the concepts and techniques that Adam uses in his productions, and apply them in your own DAW.
About Adam Ellis
Powerful, euphoric melodies and relentless energy are only some of the illuminative qualities that Adam Ellis contains within his own special blend of euphoric Trance, and his rising reputation has become synonymous with the elite, international Trance fraternity within the last two years. Born and bred in Sheffield, England, (where the first, legendary Superclub, Gatecrasher One, was born), his humble upbringing has culminated into the quintessential underdog story where hard work and driven ambitions has ultimately brought about huge successes within his short career.
Harboring a fierce passion for music, Adam dedicated many years to music production before making his first major impact with a fantastic remix to the seminal Planet Perfecto classic, ‘Bullet In The Gun’. Adam graciously reworked the iconic hit into a modern, peak time floorfiller, and reaped huge support by the main man himself, Paul Oakenfold. Additionally, this breakthrough remix was personally selected as an exclusive addition to ‘Perfecto Records Collected – Volume Three’ mix compilation.
In the way of original productions, Adam delivered a fierce opening act with his debut single of ‘Napalm Poet’ on Kearnage Recordings in the Summer of 2013, and it quickly became a feature track in the sets of many leading artists including John O Callaghan, Bryan Kearney, Aly & Fila, Simon Patterson & Armin van Buuren, (to name a few). This was Adam’s first number 1 track on Beatport and was one of the highlights in the finale of the ASOT 600 celebrations at the Who’s Afraid Of 138?! Stage. Even today, many diehard Trance fans consider this single to be one of, (if not the best), Uplifting productions of 2013.
What followed after his success with his 2013 single debut was his Subculture premiere entitled ‘Mandarine’, which also topped the Beatport Trance Top 100 charts and was supported by Manuel Le Saux, Richard Durand, Indecent Noise and many more. Adam then went on to produce two more Top 10 singles in 2014 including his astonishing follow up from ‘Napalm Poet’ of ‘Agent Orange’, and has had nearly every single of his career played on ASOT. As far as collaborations go, Adam has worked with 2 of the leading names in the Trance scene today with Bryan Kearney & Menno De Jong and their combined might has brought about the classic remix of Conductor & The Cowboy’s ‘Feeling This Way’ and the wondrous collaborative single, ‘Solicitude’, (respectively).
He is also well known for his stellar remixes of John O Callaghan’s ‘Big Sky’, Menno De Jong’s ‘Creatures Of The Night’, and these reworks strive to further showcase his signature, Uplifting sound. Lately, his remixes to Mark Sherry’s A Star With A Star and Jordan Suckley’s Contaminated have been fantastic additions to his growing discography, and his reworks of Liam Wilson’s Kiss and Lange & Susana’s Risk Worth Taking were featured on Solarstone’s Pure Trance Vol. 3 and Lange’s We Are Happy People remixes album.
As a DJ, Adam intense vigor for the vintage sounds of Uplifting and Tech Trance has culminated into a stunning array of music that extends from iconic classics from artists such as Giuseppe Ottaviani and Aly & Fila to the latest in cutting edge Trance sounds. Fueled with fire and power, his relentless display of mighty melodies and spellbinding breakdowns have brought about amazing reception for his fans, and has allotted him certain opportunities to play at some of the world’s biggest clubs, including his recent debut at Cream, Amnesia in Ibiza, which is considered one of the biggest arenas for Trance in the world.
As one of the rare breed of producers who writes 100% of their own material without the help of engineers or ghost writers, Adam has many more projects in the works to be released on Kearnage Recordings, AVA, Damaged, Outburst, Pure Trance, Blackhole Recordings and much more. With the future looking exceptionally bright for this young underdog, the start of 2015 is only going to add fuel to the growing movement behind his music and unite them within his revitalised golden age of Trance.
Uplifting Trance, Progressive Trance, Trance 2.0, Electro Trance
Logic Pro, Logic Pro X
Project Files, Video Tutorials
Frequently Asked Questions
Got A Question ?
Do you have a question about this product ? You can drop us an E-mail anytime.
More Products From Adam Ellis
Release Date : 2019-12-17
Release Date : 2020-02-13
Release Date : 2019-07-26